Even after carefully watching what you eat and getting 45 minutes of exercise at least five times a week, you are looking better than you have in years. You still, however, are not satisfied. Despite the exercise and the eating right, you still want to make a sure that your smile looks better. As a result, you have made an appointment with a dentist to see if you are a candidate for a dental implant procedure that will help your smile, an addition that can help you look your best every day.
From wisdom tooth surgery to dental implant procedures, it is important to make sure that you get the procedures that you need. in fact, there are many times when oral surgery procedures can help you not only look better, but also feel better as well.
Dental Implants Offer Options for Many People
Dental implant surgery options offer a number of ways to make sure that you are able to look your very best. Oral health can help you create the best smile and give you the confidence you need to do well at work and in the rest of your life as well.Temporomandibular joint dysfunction (TMJ) is pain and compromised movement of the jaw joint and the surrounding muscles that causes problems for many patients. With the help of the latest dental procedures, however, you can get the relief that you want and the help that you need for other concerns as well.
Consider some of these facts and figures about the dental industry and the various services that they offer, as well as the impact they have on the economy of the nation:
- More than 35 million Americans are missing all their teeth in one or both jaws.
- Only 50% to 66% of those with TMJ disorders will seek treatment. Of this percentage, approximately 15% will develop chronic TMJD.
- 69% of Americans between the ages of 35 and 44 have at least one missing tooth, and 25% over the age of 74 have lost all of their natural teeth.
- 35 million people in the U.S. have been diagnosed with TMJ disorder.
- Impacted wisdom teeth are third molars at the back of the mouth that do not have enough room to emerge or normally develop.
- Growing by 500,000 a year, as many as 3 million people currently have dental implants.
A dental implant procedure and other options can help patients not only look, but also feel, their best. Is it time for you to make an appointment and to get the help that you need?